Dr. Casey Powers
PT, DPT, Cert-MMOA
Dr. Powers has been an outpatient physical therapist in Columbia, SC since January 2019. Casey grew up in Charlotte, NC before coming to Columbia, SC to earn a bachelor’s degree in exercise science and a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree from the University of South Carolina. Dr. Powers has worked with people of various ages and abilities ranging from people working on basic tasks to athletes working on high level skills. He has a strong passion for helping people learn about their body and how strong and resilient they truly are while helping them reach their goals.
Dr. Powers utilizes the latest manual therapy techniques, dry needling, spinal manipulation, and individualized exercise prescription to get people out of pain and help them accomplish their goals. Since earning his DPT, Casey has continued his post-graduate training in the areas of dry needling as well as skilled management of specific populations including crossfit athletes, runners, and older adults. Outside of the clinic Casey enjoys lifting weights, running, hiking, watching sports, cooking and spending time with his wife and two dogs.
Credentials & Additional Coursework/Training:
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Clinical Management of the Fitness Athlete
- Clinical Running Essentials
- Modern Management of the Older Adult: Essential Foundations
- DIN-1: Foundations of Dynamic Integrative Needling
- Blood Flow Restriction (BFR) Treatment
- Institute of Clinical Excellence Certified – Modern Management of the Older Adult